My daughter finished 1st grade yesterday and today marks the beginning of our summer break. Yes, it was nice not having to pack a lunch at 6:30 this morning!
Since I will be making lots of summer lunches, though, I wanted to make a new category on my blog for how to involve your kids in the kitchen. Below is how we make mini-pizzas from English muffins … and they are actually good.
Here’s what you need:
Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
Other toppings (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Take ½ of an English muffin and spread pizza sauce on top.
3. Cover with shredded cheese.
4. Arrange mini pepperonis as a smiley face. Be creative! You can also use additional toppings and make other shapes, letters, etc.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* Put some fruit and veggies on the side and you have lunch.
* Just a note, my daughter wanted a “cooking” birthday party a couple years ago and we made these, the kids loved it.
Here’s how you can help – I need more recipe ideas for my summer lunches. You can post as a comment so other moms can benefit from your creativity. Have fun cooking with your little ones 🙂