5 ingredients + 2 storage bags + 5 minutes = Tasty Summer Treat
My creative friend, Staci, taught our Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group how to make ice cream in a bag. Now, if you’re like me … you may be doubtful about how easy & tasty it really will be. I was hesitant, but it was great! Then, my kids made their own at home and absolutely loved it! My 7-yr-old daughter thought it was a cool science experiment. My 3-yr-old son just enjoyed pouring the ingredients and eating, of course 🙂
Here’s what you need:
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup milk or half & half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint size plastic food storage bag
1 gallon size plastic food storage bag
Here’s what you do:
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, then add the rock salt.
2. Put milk, vanilla and sugar in the small bag, then seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one. Make sure both bags are sealed.
4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes. TIP: This gets cold! I wrapped a towel around the bag and let the kids roll it on the counter.
5. Wipe off the small bag, then enjoy!!
Hope you have fun cooking with your kids! I’d love to hear about the tasty treats you make with your children 🙂